As you have been roaming around the site, either starting up a new character or finally decided that you want your character to have this talent, you have decided that you want to use magic! Well, let me explain exactly what you can and cannot do with it.
First off, there are about 3 different 'types' of magic. As in, you only want the magic to be use in non combat ways, you want to use it in combat, or you want to use it as both non combat and combat. Not a problem. You are more than free to go ahead and add any of those three to your character! But I'm going to stop you for a moment. Why you might be asking? Well that's a good question. I need you to take a moment and ask yourself: How do I want this magic to be applied? Don't worry, I'll give you guys a few ways on how each area can be applied. From there, you can have a better understanding of what type of magic is right for you. Non Combat ways:
- I do not wish to attack anyone with the magic.
- It is only used in Normal Threads for dramatic or special effects.
- In Mission Threads, if used, it will only help me do a task other than harm another.
Non Combat and Combat ways:
- I wish to physically or mentally attack enemies with the magic.
- In Normal Threads, it is a legitimatized weapon to be use against another person with their consent. It is not used for special effects.
- In Mission Threads, if used, it will only help me harm another/enemy. In no way is it meant to help me do a task.
- I wish to both attack people with it as well as use it for other reasons
- In a normal thread, I wish to use it for dramatic and or special effect as well as a legitimate weapon to use against someone with their consent.
- In Mission Threads, if used, it can both be used to harm an enemy as well as help with some other task.
Now that we have figured out how we wish to use the magic, now we need to ask ourselves: How complicated is the magic I wish to use?
There will be an extra step for some people vs other people. This extra step will have you explain what the magic concept is, how you wish to use it, and some examples of what it can and cannot do. Only people who have magic concepts that could potentially be OP or people whom the Admins have asked to make one will need
to do this. All others (Such as people who wish to do one for their own sanity or think their magic concept could be OP) may do one if you would like, but unless been instructed to do so, it is not mandatory for your character's magic.
There are, however, one last thing I would like to point out. While every magical concept is open, I do have 1 concept that is limited to only 1 races: Shadow Magic.
Shadow magic can only be obtained if your character is either a Full Blooded Shadow Reaper, Full Blooded Demon, Was once a Shadow Reaper (Were turned into a Werewolf or Vampire), or Half Shadow Reaper/Demon.
If there are more races that demand soul ownership of certain kinds of magic, I will not hesitate to put up a list with that information. But as of right now, please keep the Shadow Magic concept in mind if you wish to use it.